Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week #4

This week I've learned about recursion and how to implement them inside methods. I enjoyed learning about them as it gives a whole other side to programming. By using recursion it's easy to think of many ways to shorten methods and files as a whole.

Testing sounds simple in concept but way harder when it comes to remembering all the syntax. My achievement for the week was to get the hang of Stacks as it was a hard topic for me in the past weeks. Tutorial went well but I couldn't finish the handout on time.

By using Recursion it is more easily feasible to solve problems that involve subproblems. Nested lists for example or whenever we need to reiterate over an object/list/etc. However, I've been having a lot of difficulty trying to understand exactly how to take the leap of faith.

I understand the basic principle of having a base case and then implementing the recursive statement but for complex ones I always seem to get confused. I will make sure to ask more questions to my TA and see how I can improve myself.


Interesting SLOG:
csc148.com (a self-host nonetheless)

This Slog has to be the prettiest slog available on the whole SLOGs page for CSC148 (I won't lie and say I've been through them all but I am fairly confident I've at least opened half of them). The style and presentation alone make me want to read the Slogs. The Blogger talked about recursion and OOP (topic for next week) but I couldn't help but just admire his blog. Really, it's amazing, whoever is grading this/reading this should definitely check it out (here's a link to the specific slog I'm referring to LINK)

No comments:

Post a Comment